This photo was taken direct from the NHS website today. Just Google NHS exercise. The NHS describes exercise as the Miracle Cure.
The best Christmas present you could give to a loved one is to encourage them to exercise. Do it together, do it as a family, join a club – it doesn’t matter – just do it!
Buy him some trainers for Christmas and go for a run together. Do it regularly and you’ll soon notice the difference.
Given the overwhelming evidence, it seems obvious that we should all be physically active. It’s essential if you want to live a healthy and fulfilling life into old age.
It’s medically proven that people who do regular physical activity have:
- up to a 35% lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- up to a 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- up to a 50% lower risk of colon cancer
- up to a 20% lower risk of breast cancer
- a 30% lower risk of early death
- up to an 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
- up to a 68% lower risk of hip fracture
- a 30% lower risk of falls (among older adults)
- up to a 30% lower risk of depression
- up to a 30% lower risk of dementia